ANOTHER full haul of points with a much-changed team ahead of a trip to South Africa that is starting to look like one of Glasgow's biggest challenges of the season. Job done, time to roll on with a satisfied grin.

Well, not quite like that. This was a tighter match than the final scoreline suggests; one that showed the Glasgow resilience in bouncing back from adversity as much as their undoubted rugby pedigree.

"We would have learned some lessons," head coach Dave Rennie admitted. "We did not play enough territory, a lot of the game was played in midfield. It took them scoring a couple of late tries to get us going again. They are a good side, they showed that defensively, they will challenge a lot of teams this year, we are happy with the five points."

The reality was that late in the second half, Glasgow had only three tries on the board and had surrendered all the initiative and momentum to Treviso, who had cut the deficit to six points.

What showed the real pedigree of Glasgow was that they did not let that worry them, instead they not only found a way back into the game but they got the ball back as the clocked ticked past the 80 minutes, kept it through two penalties, several scrums and a free kick before eventually Sam Johns,on the centre, found a way through for the bonus point try.

"It shows the resolve, at the end of the season that one point could be massive," pointed out man of the match Peter Horne, whose 17 points had played a huge role in the win. "We are really chuffed with that. We made life hard for ourselves at times, there is a lot to work on.

"At the end of the day, we have taken the five points, job done. We are rolling along nicely but have not played our best rugby."

They had looked right from the start as though they might make hard work of it but settled themselves with a perfect training ground move, with flanker Chris Fusaro breaking from the back of a maul, linking directly with Horne, the fly half, who slipped it on to Tommy Seymour who continued his scoring spree against Treviso.

Horne converted and added a penalty before the Italians replied with a penalty from Marty Banks, their New Zealand centre got them on the scoreboard.

Glasgow responded with some the clever stuff to set up the attack before brute force finished the job, Rob Harley, the flanker making his first appearance of the season after injury, battling his way over with three defenders hanging onto him.

Treviso finished the half stronger, on the home line for most of the final stages and earning some reward with two penalties – though they must have been frustrated not to have got more.

The early pattern was restored at the start of the second half as Glasgow started to move the ball and find gaps, only for key passes to go down. It was all a bit frustrating until they found themselves up against 14 men with Esposito in the sin bin for a high tackle.

They drove into the home 22, turned down a simple three points by opting for a scrum instead, putting Horne through a gap on a run-in for a try he converted himself.

Any idea that the Italians were giving up, however, was soon extinguished when they turned down a penalty, kicked for the corner and got the bail spinning to remove the home defence with Marco Lazzaroni, newly on at scrum half, getting the touchdown, soon repeating the tactic, this time Marco Lazzaroni going over in midfield.

All of a sudden, it was a six point game, though Glasgow did give give themselves a bit more breathing space with a penalty, kicked by Brandon Thomson, seeing up the finale.

Scorers: Glasgow Warriors: Tries: Seymour (9), Harley (25), Horne (54), Johnson (80+4). Cons: Horne 3, Thomson. Pens: Horne (16, 48), Thomson (71) Benetton Treviso: Tries: Lazzaroni (56), Ruzza (68). Con: Ruzza. Pens: Banks 2 (22, 28, 39) Scoring sequence (Glasgow Warriors first): 7-0, 10-0, 10-3, 17-3, 17-6, 17-9 (half time), 20-6, 27-9, 27-14, 27-21, 30-21, 37-21.

Glasgow Warriors: R Jackson; T Seymour, N Grigg, S Johnson, L Jones (N Matawalu, 58); P Horne (B Thomson, 65), H Pyrgos (A Price, 48); A Allan (J Bhatti, 65), P MacArthur (F Brown, 48), D Rae ( A Nicol, 72), B Alainu’uese ( T Swinson, 48), S Cummings, R Harley, C Fusaro ( M Fagerson, 48), R Wilson (C).

Benetton Treviso: J Hayward; A Esposito, T Benvenuti (I McKinley, 72), A Sgarbi, L Sperandio; M Banks, T Tebaldi (M Lazzaroni, 46); C Traore (A De Marchi, 46, F Zani, 53), L Bigi, S Ferrari (T Pasquali, 58), M Fuser (rep:R Barbieri, 46), D Budd (C), S Negri (G Bronzini, 46), A Steyn, M Barbini (F Ruzza, 65).

Referee: D Jones (Wales)

Attendance: 7,351